Sunday, February 27, 2011

"I decided to start anew, to strip away what I had been taught."

So this isn't my first blog but I deleted all my old entries to have a fresh start.
So let's start from the beginning with me telling you about me. That is usually what you do, right? (I said I've done other blogs. Never said I was experienced.) My first name is Amelia and I'm not going to give you my last name because it would be very easy for you creepers out there to find me. I live in the United States, the New England region so yes, while I'm not the best blogger, I am very familiar with snow. If we were friends, it would be a love/hate relationship.
While I don't play sports (except swimming and walking in my free time) I do have many interests. I enjoy watching anime, manga, cartoons, etc. Probably because I have the artistry skills of a dog. I love history, especially Great Britain's. I don't like American History as much as world history but I can tolerate it (I'm going to have to, aren't I?). Some subjects I love studying are the Victorian Era, Queen Elizabeth I's reign, World War II (all sides), and The American Civil War.
Something I do everyday is sitting down and reading a good book. I love reading and my dream job would be writing books. I also write everyday, no matter how much time I have. My favorite books are To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee, The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling (Someday, I would love to be as good as her. Harry Potter just amazes me), The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (I just finished the first one. It was terrific!), Paper Towns by John Green and so, so many more. If you ever have any recommendations, please leave a comment. I’m running out of books to read!
I love music like any person my age. I listen to a lot of varied bands and singers. Some of my favorites are Florence and the Machine, Panic! At the Disco, Paramore, Lady Gaga, The Script, The Killers and The Foo Fighters. And who can forget the Glee covers and Disney movie soundtracks. Though I do love music, I’m pretty sure I’m tone death. I’m also not too good at playing instruments either. I tried Cello and Clarinet and failed, badly. I was also forced to play the Recorder in 5th grade. Failed at that too.
There’s a lot I want to do in my life. I want to tour Europe and visit France, Germany, England, Ireland, Holland, Italy, Armenia, and anywhere else I can get to. I’m not sure what I want to do but I’m hoping it has something to do with history or english. I’m interested in Anthropologist, creative writer, and historian. I also want to take a road trip through America and collect arrow heads from different Native American tribes like my great grand father did and search for some family artifacts belonging to my great grandfather. I want to take my junior year in England and study literature or history there, may as well do some of my touring then. I really want to live there too, especially in London. I can speak French though my pronunciation is a little bad.
Well I think that’s a pretty good start, right? I’ll post something else pretty soon. Oh, here’s my twitter, http://twitter.com/#!/mealsychan.
Signing off,
Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment